Natural Remedies for Dermatitis Treatment
What is Dermatitis?
Dermatitis is skin inflammation. The skin looks dry, swollen, and red. The condition can have many causes, but it’s not contagious. To understand the skin inflammation types, learn the symptoms. Dermatitis may range from mild to severe and looks different on various part of the body. Here are the general symptoms, but not all people experience all of these symptoms.
- Dry, cracked skin
- Itchy skin
- Painful skin, with stinging or burning
Different types of Dermatitis
1. Atopic dermatitis: Atopic dermatitis, also known as eczema. This develops during infancy.
2. Contact dermatitis: This kind of dermatitis happens on the skin due to allergic reactions and irritations. Rashes with a burn, itch, blister and sting feeling.
3. Dyshidrotic dermatitis: Occurs on the feet and hands with itchy, dry skin, with small blisters.
4. Seborrheic dermatitis: This is also known as cradle cap in babies. Occurs on the scalp. It can cause scaly patches, red skin, and dandruff. This condition leads to hair loss. Here is a list of illness that causes hair loss. This can also occur in other areas of the skin, like the face or chest.
Dermatitis treatment depends on the type and severity of the symptoms. Most of the time, the skin clears up on its own after 1-3 weeks. In case it doesn’t, better to go to a dermatologist. The doctor may suggest the following:
- Medications to reduce allergies and itching.
- Phototherapy. In these affected areas are exposed to control the amounts of light.
- Topical creams to get relief from itchiness and inflammation.
- Creams or lotions for dry skin.
- Oatmeal baths to relieve itching.
In the case of infection, antibiotics and antifungal medications are given. Infections occur due to intense scratching on the skin, tearing it apart. Dietary changes eliminating foods triggering allergies and reactions may help. In some cases, dietary supplements – vitamin D and probiotics also help.
Nubello Aesthetics is one of the top skincare clinics in Mumbai. With specialist dermatologists and 8+ years experience, Nubello provides the best dermatitis treatment in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai.
Home Remedies to Cure Dermatitis.
Natural treatments can soothe the dry, and also itching skin that comes with dermatitis. Home care for dermatitis includes applying cool and wet cloths to the skin to reduce itching and discomfort. Adding baking soda to a cool bath also helps. If the skin is broken, covering the wound with a dressing or bandage, prevents irritation and infections. Dermatitis sometimes flares up with stress. Here therapies like acupuncture, massage, and yoga can be helpful in reducing stress.
5 Tips for soothing skin from dermatitis:
1. Aloe vera gel
Aloe vera gel has antibacterial properties. The antibacterial and antimicrobial properties prevent skin infections. It has wound-healing properties, adds moistures and helps dry and broken skin and promotes healing.
2. Apple cider vinegar
Vinegar is highly acidic. The skin is naturally acidic, but people with dermatitis have less acidic skin than normal and this can weaken the skin’s defenses. Applying diluted apple cider vinegar helps balance the skin’s acidity and Ph levels, but vinegar can cause burns if it is not diluted.
3. Coconut oil
Coconut oil contains fatty acids that add moisture to the skin, further this helps people with dry skin and eczema. The virgin coconut oil protects the skin, fights inflammation and improves the health of the skin barrier.
Honey is a natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent, in addition, it helps heal wounds and boost immune system function. It treats a variety of skin ailments, like burns and wounds, and that it has the antibacterial properties to heal broken skin.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and wound-healing properties. It helps relieve skin dryness and itching and helps prevents infections.
Visit Nubello Aesthetics Today, and get a free consultation today on Dermatitis Treatment.