As we age, our hair greys and grey hair is a symbol of wisdom, maturity. However, when you get white hairs in 20’s and early 30’s it is not a welcome sight! This is known as premature greying of hair. When is greying called premature? There is no limit or exact definition, however, when the person starts getting grey hairs in their teen and by late twenty 60-70% of hair has turned white then it is premature grey hair. Through this article, we are trying to help you by providing tips and tricks for grey hair treatment. Apart from trying the natural home remedies, covering grey hair, trying solutions, dyes and shampoos, you could always visit us at Nubello to get the best premature grey hair treatment in Mumbai. The process is natural, no side effects, and very much effective.
Understanding What Causes Premature Grey Hair
Knowing the factors that lead to premature grey hair will help you tackle them carefully.
- Vitamin Deficiency: Any deficiencies of vitamin D, E and B-6, B-12, biotin, contributes to premature greying.
- Genetics: Genes play an important role in greying of hair. If your parents had grey hairs in their early life stage, you might too get it.
- Stress: It is found that stress causes the stem cells to leave the hair follicles, leaving hair grey or white.
- Medical Conditions: Some medical diseases, such as autoimmune diseases like alopecia areata increases the chances of greying of hair.
- Excessive Chemical Treatment on Hair: Dyes, hair colouring, chemical products contribute to greying of hair. Ingredients which bleaches the hair eventually causes grey hair.
Now you learnt what causes hair to turn grey prematurely. We offer you a complete guide on how to handle and treat grey hair. Here are the basic Dos and Don’ts one has to follow to avoid complications.
Tips To Handle Grey Hair
- Never, Ever Pluck the Grey Hairs: This increases the chances of nearby hairs to turn to white. Also, plucking traumatise the roots and weakens the hair follicles.
- Never Ignore Grey Hairs: Heredity, age leads to grey hairs. But sometimes iron and vitamin D deficiency also result in premature grey hair. Eat healthily, and check for deficiency and if required take supplements.
- Check for Ammonia: Many go for colouring their hair, and in rush lookout for affordable hair colours. And most of these hair colours have ammonia in them. Ammonia is not good for hair. Dyes and hair colours deteriorate the natural texture of hair. Try looking out for natural hair colouring through henna and avoid chemicals.
Grey hairs can not be reversed, however, can be controlled and prevented by trying home remedies. Here are top 5 home remedies which slow down premature greying.
Home Remedies for Grey Hair Treatment
1. Curry Leaves:
Curry leaves help to activate the melanin in the hair to prevent greying.
How to Use: When the curry leaves are blended with coconut oil, it serves as a strong hair tonic. Take 1 cup of coconut oil, boil it and put in a handful of curry leaves and allow to remain on heat till they turn black. Once cooled, filter the oil and apply on scalp and hair every alternate day.
Option 2, make a paste of 10-15 curry leaves and half cup yoghurt. Apply this mask on the scalp and wait for 30-45 mins before washing. Use this remedy twice a week.
Henna is a natural hair dye that gives your hair darker shade also strengthens and conditions the hair.
How to Use: Boil black tea leaves in water, allow it to cool. Strain the leaves and store the liquid. Always purchase natural henna powders. It will be effective if you can get leaves. In case you find Heena leaves, dry them and then powder them. Take 2 tablespoons of henna powder and add the tea water to it to make a paste. use a brush and apply this mask on hair thoroughly from scalp to tip. Leave it for 30-45 minutes before washing.
Shikkakai is a rich source of vitamins and antioxidants. Shikakai powder has been used in Ayurveda since ages for healthy hair. It is a natural shampoo and an effective way to reduce greying. Regular use will lead to a healthier scalp and you will notice hair growth.
How to Use: Shikakai powder can be used as a natural shampoo for healthy hair and it can effectively reduce greying. You can make a hair mask by mixing shikakai powder and yoghurt. Apply it onto scalp and hair and rinse with water after about 45 minutes.
Indian Gooseberry, is a rich source of Vitamin C and has been used in Ayurveda for all kinds of hair problems.
How to Use: Cut 1-2 amlas into pieces and boil them in about three tablespoons of coconut, almond, or olive oil for a few minutes. Add a tablespoon of fenugreek powder to the oil and mix well. Turn off the heat and strain the oil once it cools down. Apply to scalp and hair and leave on overnight. Shampoo next morning.
Option 2, take amla juice, lemon juice, and almond oil in equal amounts, mix well, and massage into scalp and hair twice daily for three months to see effects.
5. Onion Juice:
Onion contains sulphur, which prevents scalp problems, strengthens hair follicles and promotes black and healthy hair growth.
How to Use: Mix 2-3 tsp of onion juice, 1 tsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp of olive oil. Massage into the scalp and hair and wash off after half an hour. An effective solution for greying hair, onion also promotes hair growth. It increases the enzyme, Catalase, thus darkening the hair.
Alternate Solution and Reverse Grey Hair
Home remedies will help to control and prevent the grey hair to a certain extent but won’t reverse the grey hair condition. Most of the times, people go for hair dying, which is even more harmful and triggers more white hair. Fortunately, at Nubello, we have an answer to your greying hair, which is very natural, harmless and 100% effective. At Nubello, we practice Advance PRP therapy as part of grey hair treatment. Read more at – Premature grey hair treatment at Nubello. At Nubello Aesthetics, we offer the best treatment for greying hair to our clients. We follow strict guidelines and we have experienced hair doctors with more than 10years knowledge. And because of our services, we are one of the reputed hair clinics in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai. Our goal is to ensure that our clients get the best of hair care treatments, care and support. Our team of qualified surgeons make sure that you get the best premature grey hair treatment in Navi Mumbai and Mumbai.