Hair Loss is a very serious and common problem these days. Most of the common man is looking for solutions for hair loss, and one such solution is hair transplant treatment. There are many types of hair transplant like FUE also known as Follicular Unit Extraction and FUT better known as Follicular unit transplantation. This article is all about the FUT hair transplant process, benefits, and FUT treatment cost.
What is FUT Hair Transplant?
FUT also is known as Follicular unit transplantation is a hair restoration technique. This is a hair transplant procedure called the strip procedure, where the hair is transplanted in groups of one to four hairs called follicular units. The follicular units contain sebaceous glands, nerves, and some fine hairs called vellus hairs. An entire strip of hair is removed from the area where hair fall is less and hair growth is still thick, this area is called the donor area. This strip contains hair follicles, which are divided into grafts. These follicular unit grafts are placed into tiny incisions in the bald areas on the patient’s scalp. In follicular unit transplantation, these small follicular units allow the surgeon to safely transplant thousands of grafts in a single session.
What is hair follicle?
The hair follicle is a dynamic organ found in the dermal layer of the skin. It is made up of 20 different cell types, each with very distinct functionality. The working process of the hair follicle is such that it regulates hair growth via interaction with hormones, neuropeptides, and immune cells. Due to this complex interaction, the hair follicle produces different types of hair on different parts of the body.
FUT Hair Transplant Process.
The FUT hair transplant involves the following procedure:
- On the scalp, in the bald region, the doctor anesthetizes the region.
- A strip of your hair tissue is removed from the donor area – the area on your head where the hair is more resistant to balding could be the back side of the head. This leaves a fine scar, which can be easily covered by hair regrowth by your remaining hair.
- The hair strip is divided into individual follicular units. This process is done with a precise microscopic dissection.
- Minuscule holes on the hair loss region in the scalp are drilled to insert the follicular graft units.
- A disinfecting solution is gently applied to the operating region in the scalp.
- Your donor area from where the hair strip was removed is bandaged.
This whole process takes 1-2 sessions depending on the number of hair grafts inserted. For a few days, the hair and scalp need protection. Covering the head with a bandana, a cap is required to protect the scalp and hair follicles.
Advantages of FUT hair transplant.
- A major hair transplant can happen in a session.
- Better results compared to other hair transplant procedures.
- Once the hair grows, an enhanced and natural-looking hair look.
- Affordable and cheaper compared to other hair transplant procedures like FUE.
Nubello Aesthetics is one of the leading hair clinics in Mumbai, providing the best FUT hair transplant in Mumbai. Follicular unit transplantation is safe, effective and one of the best hair loss treatments. Get a free consultation today with our experts to get the best FUT treatment service in Mumbai.