Dermatitis is basically skin irritation. This comes in many forms and usually involves itching, dry skin, rash, and reddened skin. The symptoms range from blister, ooze, to flake off. Some of the common types of dermatitis are atopic dermatitis (eczema), dandruff and contact dermatitis. Dermatitis isn’t contagious, but it can make you feel uncomfortable and self-conscious. This article talks about Dermatitis Treatment for scalp and hair using fenugreek seeds. So what is so special about fenugreek seeds? Are fenugreek seeds good for hair?
Properties of fenugreek seeds.
Fenugreek also called methi seeds are frequently used as a natural home remedy for hair problems. Fenugreek seeds have moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, skin-soothing, and wound-healing properties. Here are some the benefits of using fenugreek seeds for hair:
- Dandruff Remedy
- Promotes Hair Growth
- Prevents Premature Greying
- Reduces Itching on Scalp
- Treats and controls Hair Fall
- Natural Hair Conditioner
- Repairs Split Ends and Hair Damages
Fenugreek seeds hair mask for dermatitis.
Studies and researches have found that fenugreek seeds are an effective natural home remedy for reducing the symptoms of dermatitis. This is due to its antiseptic and antibacterial properties. While fenugreek seeds are found in every single Indian household, it is time to consider applying it on hair to reduce skin inflammation and itching caused by dermatitis.
The most basic way to use fenugreek seeds for dermatitis.
- Boil coconut oil and methi seeds. Then, strain the oil and apply it to the affected areas for the night, wash in the morning.
- Prepare a paste by mixing methi seeds powder with warm water. Apply this paste to your scalp and leave it for 15-20 mins before washing it off.
Hair mask with fenugreek seeds for dermatitis treatment.
1. Prevents Dermatitis Hair Loss
Fenugreek seeds are very effective in making the hair roots strong and dealing with the hair follicular problems. It fights irritation on the scalp and dandruff, which are two main reasons for hair loss.
- Soak some fenugreek seeds for the whole night and blend them with some water and lemon juice. Apply this hair mask for 1 hour and then rinse off with cool water.
- Soak some of the fenugreek seeds in coconut oil and store it in a cool place for 10 days. Use this oil for regular massage on the scalp.
2. Fights Dandruff
Dermatitis and dandruff cause itching. The fungus and bacteria due to flaking and skin condition of dermatitis cause itching. The antibacterial and antifungal properties of fenugreek seeds make it useful to treat an itchy scalp and dandruff.
- Soak some fenugreek seeds for the whole night and blend them with some yoghurt. Apply this paste on your hair leaving it for an hour. Wash off. Repeat this process twice in a week.
3. Promoting Hair Growth
Fenugreek seeds not only kill the bacteria and fungi present on the scalp but strengthen the hair follicles and promote hair growth.
- For the hair mask, blend 1/2 cup soaked fenugreek seeds, 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, and 6-7 drops of rosemary oil together. Apply this hair mask on your scalp. Let it sit for about 30-40 minutes before rinsing it off.
These listed hair masks will reduce itching, scalp irritations, flaking and skin redness. When the dermatitis condition doesn’t reduce, then it is advisable to visit a dermatologist and go for dermatitis treatment.
Dermatitis treatment depends on the type and severity of the symptoms. Most of the time, the skin clears up on its own after 1-3 weeks. In case it doesn’t, better to go to a dermatologist. The doctor may suggest the following:
- Medications to reduce allergies and itching.
- Phototherapy. In these affected areas are exposed to control the amounts of light.
- Topical creams to get relief from itchiness and inflammation.
- Creams or lotions for dry skin.
- Oatmeal baths to relieve itching.
In the case of infection, antibiotics and antifungal medications are given. Infections occur due to intense scratching on the skin, tearing it apart. Dietary changes eliminating foods triggering allergies and reactions may help. In some cases, dietary supplements – vitamin D and probiotics also help.
Nubello Aesthetics is one of the top skincare clinics in Mumbai. With specialist dermatologists and 8+ years experience, Nubello provides the best dermatitis treatment in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai. Visit Nubello Aesthetics Today, and get a free consultation today on Dermatitis Treatment.