You want your skin to look silky and smooth. Hair growth is part of life, but all of us want hair-free skin. Each one of us has different skin, and requirement. Some might have sensitive skin, some might be looking for a long-term solution, while others might painless and hustle free option. At Nubello, discover various tools and techniques for removing body hair. These techniques remove hair at the surface and some from the root. Find the best hair removal method for your specific needs. Here in this article, we offer you 7 hair removal methods, and you can choose 1 method or multiple.
Some women may just use one method to remove body hair, while others will use multiple hair removal methods depending on their requirements. The need for hair removal from the body part, for the occasion, for the time duration, all matters. Knowing the various options that are available for hair removal will help you choose the right one for you.
7 Hair Removal Techniques
Surface Hair Removal Techniques
In these hair removal methods, the hair is removed from the surface of the skin, not from the root. These techniques are temporary solutions as the hair starts growing soon within 2 weeks. These techniques are easily available, cheaper and can be tried at home. Here are 3 hair removal methods:
1. Manual Shaving
Shaving has been there for ages. Men have been using shaving from decades, now the same option is available for women. Using manual shaving is one of the popular and widely tried hair removal methods. It is easy, affordable and takes very less time. Before trying manual shaving, take a bath in warm water, or soak the body part in warm water. Apply shaving gel and use a razor blade. Using steady strokes and carefully finish shaving. After you finish shaving, rinse, pat your skin dry and apply a moisturizer. This wet manual shaving with a sharp razor can be used on anywhere in the body. It works effectively for legs, armpits, arms and bikini line. In general, we recommend women use manual shaving alternate days during a shower or bath if the goal is to maintain smooth skin.
- Can do it daily.
- Less time.
- Can be practised on any body part.
- Hair grows quickly.
- Chances of cutting the skin and infecting.
- Need to practise it every alternate day.
2. Electric Shaving
An electric shaving device has a moving blade with a fine set of razors which glides across the skin. This cuts away the hair from the surface while gliding. Unline the manual razor, which is practised on wet skin, the electric razor is typically used on dry skin. This works well for legs, arms, underarms and bikini line. The issue with the electric razors is they do not cut the hair as closely as manual razors do. For hair-free skin, you must use electric shaving once every 2 days.
- Can be used daily on any part of the body.
- Dry shave, no pre-work.
- Several attachments and features
- Takes more time than the manual razor.
- Less effective compared to manual razor.
- Expensive when compared to the manual razor.
3. Depilatory Creams
Depilatory creams are the chemical solution. These dissolve body hair at the surface of the skin. Apply the cream, let it sit for 5-12 minutes, depending on the cream. After that use a spatula and remove the cream, or you can wash it off. Later use a clean washcloth to the skin and apply moisturizer. This hair removal method is better for smaller areas of the body, such as armpits, bikini line and upper lip. Depilatory creams can slow down hair growth for a few days up to several weeks, depending on the person.
- No risk of cut and infection.
- Hair growth takes 1 week and the new hair are softer because it has not cut a blunt edge.
- Unpleasant smell.
- Can cause chemical reactions.
Related Article: 10 Homemade face packs to remove hair.
Root Hair Removal Techniques
Root hair removal methods work effectively when compared to the first 3 option. These options keep the hair growth away for 2 weeks to several months depending on the technique. These hair removal methods, remove hair from the root, thus keeping the new hair away for weeks. These techniques need professionals and sometimes can be practised at home too. Here are 4 hair removal methods:
Tweezing, better known as plucking works by pulling out hair strands by the root with a pair of tweezers. This hair removal method works well for small areas like eyebrows, upper lip, chin and other facial areas. After using this method, the hair grows after 2-4 weeks depending on the area. This can cause infection, to help lower chances of infection, clean the tweezers after each use. You can try this on your own or visit a nearby parlour and get professional help.
- Gives a long-lasting result.
- Effective, inexpensive and easy to do.
- Can be painful, and cause skin irritation.
- Not efficient for larger area hair removal.
- Might require professionals for proper shaping in case of eyebrows.
Waxing is one of the most widely used hairs removal methods. This can be done by one at home with waxing kit and regular practice or with a professional at a salon. There are 2 types of waxing – hot and cold waxing. This method uses application of wax on the skin and using a fabric strip to extract the wax along with the hair. Waxing can be used on any area of the body. The waxing frequency varies but in general, the hair grows between 3-4 weeks.
- Long-lasting results.
- Fast and effective.
- Can be painful, and cause skin irritation, redness and ingrown hairs.
- Not recommended to wax until body hair grows to a certain length.
- Might require professional help, and might get costly.
Epilation hair removal method uses a device called epilator. This device has tiny electric rotating tweezers that move across the surface and pulls off the hairs. The new hair takes 4 weeks for growth. Epilators can be used on all parts of the body, and work great for legs, arms, underarms, bikini line and face.
- Long-lasting results.
- Easy to use.
- Versatile attachments and features.
- Can work on wet or dry skin.
- Can be uncomfortable on sensitive areas and cause irritation.
The laser hair removal operates by flushing the hair follicles. This heating stops new hairs from growing and puts the hair follicles in a state of dormancy for a long time. Thus offers a long-term solution to hair growth compared to that of shaving, waxing and plucking. The hair grows back after 10-14 weeks, however, after 6-8 sessions, the hair growth stops completely.
- A more permanent hair removal solution after 8 sessions.
- Effective results compared to other methods, hair grows after 2-3 months.
- Quick, takes less time and can be used on all body parts.
Costliest of all the hair removal methods.
Related Article: Is laser hair removal permanent or temporary solution?
Out of the 7 hair removal methods, laser hair removal treatment has the best, effective, and long-term result. Here are the reasons, why one must think of choosing laser hair removal treatment to other hair removal methods:
- Using laser hair removal treatment helps avoid painful hair plucking.
- The laser treatment removes the dark spots on the skin.
- Precise: Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
- Speed: Each pulse of the laser takes a fraction of a second. The laser can treat an area approximately the size of a quarter every second. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute, and large areas, such as the back or legs, may take up to an hour.
- Predictability: Most patients have permanent hair loss after an average of 6-8 sessions.
In case you are looking for laser hair removal treatment in Mumbai, visit Nubello Aesthetics. We use the Nd Yag Laser. This laser technology is not only safe for all skin types but it is very much suitable for Indian skin. The skilful and certified skin practitioner and renowned dermatologists use the ND Yag laser. There are hardly any side effects of laser hair removal. In case of any pigmentation, the doctors offer creams and powders for solving it. Nubello Aesthetics is in the skin industry for the past 8 years, and we have treated more than 5000 clients. Being one of the top clinics for laser hair removal treatment in Mumbai, we provide:
- Guaranteed Results
- Most Advanced Technology
- Highly Experienced Laser Therapists
- Affordable Prices
At Nubello, laser hair removal treatment starts @1500 Rs only.
Call us now @ 09324507495 for FREE Consultation.