Most of the times even after washing face there are dead skin cells on your face. The best of best face washes only gets rid of dust and cleans your face superficially. For glowing skin, you need to remove the dead skins, blackheads, whiteheads and also smoothen your skin texture. This is when you need a face scrubs. Facial scrubs are a great way to remove dead skill cells and exfoliate dry skin. Instead of spending money on expensive scrubs, make your own homemade face scrubs and try it. Why buy it when you can make it! Here are 6 natural homemade face scrubs to be tried at home!
6 Homemade natural face scrubs for glowing skin
Ingredients used in these 6 homemade face scrub recipes are – Rice, Green Tea, Salt, Honey, Lemon, Toothpaste, Yogurt, Tomato, Oats, Rosewater, Milk, and Olive oil. Let us understand, how each of these ingredients affects your face.
Honey – Moisturizing ability. Good for dry skin.
Lemon – Antibacterial properties. It works great for blackheads.
Yogurt – Lactic acid from yogurt removes dead cells, brightens skin.
Tomato – Antioxidant ability. Used for de-tanning.
Milk – Reduces pigmentation, hydrates skin, heals acne.
Green Tea – A natural antioxidant, removes toxins, improves skin complexion.
Rose Water – Balances pH and controls excess oil.
Olive Oil – Olive oil has anti-aging properties and enhances exfoliation
Toothpaste – Lightens and brightens skin.
Oats, Rice, Sugar – Scrub resources. Mixed with others to give the best results.
Here are the 6 scrubs that can be applied after coming from outside, before sleeping and on an everyday basis to get glowing and rejuvenating skin.
Use brown sugar or normal white sugar granules with any of your cleansing creams.
1. Take 1 teaspoon of your cleansing creams and 2 teaspoons of fine grained sugar. Mix both and apply on your face. Do not take large sugar granules as they can scratch your faces.
2. Once applied, move in a circular motion and rub against the nose and cheek to remove extra dead cells.
3. After 1 minute, wash with lukewarm water and dry your face by gently dabbing clean cloth.
4. For best results try this before bedtime, weekly once or twice.
Any type of rice can be taken for this scrub – basmati, brown or the normal rice. Grind the rice to small beads, not very fine nor very coarse. Small enough to exfoliation.
1. Add Honey to this rice powder and prepare the paste.
2. Cut a lemon and add the lemon juice to the paste. The scrub is ready to be applied on the face.
3. Once applied, use lemon to scrub the paste gently in a circular motion all along your face.
4. After 2 mins, wash your face with cold water.
5. Try this weekly once.
Green Tea, Sugar, and Honey Scrub
Green Tea has anti-aging and scar healing effects when applied on the face. Brew strong and plan green tea. Do not use flavored tea bags, use tea balls or bags to get concentrated results.
1. Cool the green tea solution. Take 1 tablespoon of green tea solution.
2. Add 2 teaspoons of sugar, if required add some more till you get the consistency.
3. Add 1 tablespoon honey to the mixture. Use raw honey for better results.
4. This paste may be thick and sticky. Apply the paste in small quantity, evenly all over your face.
5. Gently scrub the sugar granules on your face in a circular motion.
6. Leave this face pack on your face for 2 minutes and then wash your face thoroughly with cold water.
Toothpaste and Salt Scrub
This scrub is a great option to treat dead skin and acne.
1. Take 1 tablespoon of natural white toothpaste.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of table salt along with toothpaste.
3. Apply this paste on your face. Gently massage on your face in a circular motion.
4. Leave it for 10 minutes.
5. Wash with warm water thoroughly.
Yogurt can be applied directly to the face or along with fruits and vegetables. This is a tomato-yogurt face pack.
1. Take 1 tomato and prepare 2 teaspoon tomato pulp.
2. Add 2 teaspoon yogurt into tomato pulp, along with 1 spoon of lemon juice and prepare the paste.
3. Mix it well and apply it over your face, and scrub in a circular motion.
4. Leave it for 5 mins, and wash with warm water.
Take 1 tablespoon oats and grind it to small beads.
1. Take 1 tablespoon milk and 1 teaspoon olive oil.
2. Add the grounded oats to this and leave it for 5 mins to soften.
3. Now add 3 drops of rose water to this paste.
4. Apply these oats scrub face mask on your face, gently massage in a circular motion for 1-2 minutes.
5. Wash with cold water thoroughly.
Regular and gentle care of face is very much necessary in today’s pollution environment. Each skin type has different issues of dryness, oily skin, acne, and scars. Follow these homemade face scrubs weekly once or twice to get blackheads free face and remove dead skin cells. These scrubs used with essential oils will also improve your skin quality.
Let us know how does your face feel after using these homemade face scrubs!